How Ad Valorem can help you develop a ‘Sat-Nav’ for your business
Using our skills with numbers, Ad Valorem, accountants in Newport Pagnell, can help you decide where you want to go, identify your route, decide how you are going to get there, help monitor your progress and take corrective action to get back on course, if necessary. This ‘Sat-Nav’ approach means you are constantly focused on your goal and can easily measure your progress.
The process involves the use of a number of management tools to gauge your progress, including:
We independently assess your performance in the market on the basis of sector and/or area, size and turnover. This shows you how you are doing in comparison to other businesses in your market, enabling you to identify areas for improvement. This is perhaps the most important ingredient in achieving your growth objectives.
Like every one of the UK’s most successful and profitable businesses, we will encourage you to hold regular board meetings to discuss strategy, using our Boardview service.
Once a month or once a quarter, we’ll attend your key business meetings. You can use us in any way you want – from silent observer to adjudicator, technical adviser to independent sounding board, chairman to minute taker, or even as the facilitator for brainstorming sessions. We can even prepare the agenda if you’d find that helpful. The choice of what you want us to do is entirely yours. And whatever role you want us to play, our input will be covered by an agreed fixed fee and an unconditional money back guarantee just in case you aren’t completely delighted.
In our experience, when smaller businesses start holding board meetings they immediately start thinking like, acting like and achieving like their bigger and more successful counterparts. So if you’re not already in the habit of holding regular board meetings, it could just be what you need to really give your results a boost.
Some of the benefits you will get from BoardView include:
- Meetings rise above office politics to focus on the really important issues, such as how to drive the business on to ever-greater success
- Meetings are disciplined and kept on track – so that everyone attending is able to get the very most from them
- An outsider’s perspective – which, by challenging preconceived ideas about how things are done in the industry or business, helps to identify breakthrough ideas and strategies that have never been tried before
- External accountability – so that all the good ideas generated in the meetings are turned into agreed action plans, effective action and impressive results
GoalGetter is a tool for creating a business action plan to drive your business forward. It’s the first step to a comprehensive and well thought-through Business Plan, giving you the green light to the future that you want.
Some of the many areas we look at include:
- The 7-stage plan for growing your business
- Using our 24 hour action planning tool
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses
- Your opportunities and threats
- Finding practical ways to rise to the main challenges
- Exploring how systemising will give you freedom
- And planning for the day that you will eventually step out of the business